Parker Dale Bauer will the join the world on December 17th - or December 16th according to one doctor - or whenever she feels like it, because I'm guessing I don't have a lot of control here! :) Nick and I got to see her tumbling about yesterday - she definitely did not like getting prodded by the ultrasound tool and flipped about a little bit. In the 3D view, it looked a little bit like she might be a thumb sucker - and my dad told me I had a callus on my thumb WHEN I WAS BORN from all the thumb-sucking I did in utero. So, already, my little baby girl has picked up some of my bad habits! Let's hope she doesn't get them all!
It was so neat to see how much she was moving, and her long little legs folded up. And I could see that her head was on the side that I had pulled a muscle on that morning - I'm still in some pain today - I guess maybe she has a big head? Or maybe I really need to stop trying to do things like jump out of bed or jump up out of a seated position. Even though it's becoming more and more obvious I'm pregnant, it's not something I think about all the time. I'm sure that will change soon, but it seems like I need a reminder that I can't really move the way I used to!
I am starting to feel little "flutters" in my belly. Based on where Parker is sitting, and where I'm feeling the fluttering, she's kicking her feet at me! I can't wait until I start definitely feeling little kicks and Nick can feel them too! Of course, I'm sure once that starts I'll be wishing for them to not be as frequent soon enough! I read an article that says next week, her sleeping habits will be independent of mine... which basically means, right around the time I become more obvious of her constant presence, she may be kicking up a storm when I'm trying to sleep.
I am almost half-way there! And it felt all the more real to see the little baby hands and face on the screen. She has the tiniest little nose - I thought she looked like a monkey baby... which would make sense given who her parents are! This heat is not making me too happy of a camper though. I wear not really professional clothes to work every day because I'm more concerned with being comfy. And yesterday, I walked to and from a client meeting - and though we walked back most of the way through buildings, the heat zapped me! I ended up going straight home from work, instead of going to my writing club, and I was tucked into bed with Tonks by 8:30. Big sister Tonks' sleeping habits are mirroring mine... which isn't good! She's turning into an even bigger bum because her mommy is always there willing to curl up and go to sleep with her! Let's hope she's ready for all of the late nights that are in our future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment